[Mailman-Users] Newbie question: Aliases in postfix not being created

Jeffrey Davis jeff at xsusio.com
Wed Jan 23 21:41:34 CET 2002

Newbie question here (tried to look for the answer in the archives but its not
searchable!)

I have installed Mailman on my Linux RedHat 7.2 server following instructions
explicitly.

I am able to create lists and able to administer the lists through the web interface
but am not able to send messages to the list.
Postfix is telling me that the user does not exist (the list alias). I checked the
postfix aliases and sure enough its *not* there. The list name is "test".
I do have these aliases:
mailman -> me
mailman-owner -> mailman

My question is two fold:
1. Why isn't mailman creating the aliases automatically when I run ./newlist
2. If I want to add the alias "test" manually what does this alias map to?

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Jeff Davis