[Mailman-Users] Strange error when replying to subscription message confirmation

Phillip Davis phil at daviszone.org
Thu Jan 24 18:14:52 CET 2002

Hello, I have read around quite a bit and have gotten nowhere so far.  I
send a request for subscription to my new mailman server w/ a new group
I created and I get the reply back stating I need to confirm, but when I
do reply to confirm, I get a weird bounce from the script it is piped
to, this is the bounce message...

{address snipped}: Command died with status 2:
     "/var/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd davis_family". Command output:
Failure
     to exec script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 99.  (Reconfigure to take 99?)
Reporting-MTA: dns; {address snipped}
Arrival-Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 01:09:52 -0700 (MST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; davis_family-request@{address snipped}
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; Command died with status 2:
     "/var/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd davis_family". Command output:
Failure
     to exec script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 99.  (Reconfigure to take 99?)

now, gid 12 is mail and 99 is nobody, is this a config option or
something I can edit out of the python scripts somewhere ? how do I
reconfigure to 99 or fix so that it DOES use 12?

or is this a problem w/ postfix, and if so how do I fix it?

Thanks

Phil