[Mailman-Users] mailman problem

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk
Mon Jan 28 11:45:34 CET 2002

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 07:21, Joseph M. wrote:
[6 messages in 67 minutes, all basically asking the same thing, all in
MIME/alternative - please just ask questions once since the subscribers
end up being mailbombed by you and rather less inclined to be helpful]

>         We are currently using Mailman for a few months now, and we were just wondering if there is a maximun number of subscriber that it can handle, because right now we have one list that was corrupted and we do not know the cause.  It gave us this error:
>     Jan 28 17:00:02 2002 (8965) sweet db file was corrupt, using fallback: /home/mailman/lists/sweet/config.db.last
>     Jan 28 17:00:04 2002 (8966) sweet db file was corrupt, using fallback: /home/mailman/lists/sweet/config.db.last
>     Jan 28 17:00:05 2002 (8965) sweet fallback was corrupt, giving up

This does appear to happen occasionally - rarely - and when it does its
a pig.  You need to either scrub config.db and rebuild your list, or
restore config.db from backup.

>         And another thing, one of our list was mirrored to the other list which overite the list.  Is there any backup of the list that Mailman generated? If not is there a way to recover lost data?

Don't understand the question here.

	Nigel.
                                                                                                                                 Joseph M.