[Mailman-Users] socket.error ?? newbie with a question.

Edu Miralles Jimenez edu.miralles at debtwatch.org
Mon Jan 28 13:40:17 CET 2002

    Hi all;

    I'm trying to use Linux Debian, Postfix and Mailman.

    Usually Postfix runs OK, I can send mails directly from the server,
but when I try to create a new list whith 'newlist' command, Mailman can
not send the mail to the administrator of the list.
    Following is log file, smtp- failures:

Jan 28 13:13:42 2002 TrySMTPDelivery: To jca.batang at tang.com: <mailto:eduard.miralles at upcnet.es:>
Jan 28 13:13:42 2002 TrySMTPDelivery: 	 socket.error  / (111, 'Connection refused')  (deferred)
Jan 28 13:13:42 2002 TrySMTPDelivery:  Maybe your MTA daemon needs restarting?

    Of course I have add the lines shown by the newlist command, and
restarted postfix.

    Also there is nothing about this error in the others mail logs
(mail.error, mail.log, mail.warn, syslog ).
    What can I do?

    Sorry about my english.
    Edu.