[Mailman-Users] monthly reminder passwords

Detlef Neubauer detlef.neubauer at charite.de
Tue Jul 2 17:04:24 CEST 2002

Chad Rebuck <crebuck at attglobal.net> writes:

> I changed my mailman password when I joined my list, but today I received
> a reminder with the pw included.  That my pw was not the one I was
> expecting.  I found that I could change my options using either the pw in
> the reminder email, or the one I changed it to.  Seems like a bug?

Are you the listadmin and a member in to the same list? If yes, you
have two passwords. One for the listadmin and another for your
membership.

With the memberpassword you can only change your subscibtion. With the
listadminpassword you can change the list and all members properties.

It's very simple.

Member password only good for own member properties.
Listadmin password good for all members in the list and only for the
own list.
Mmsite password good for all member in all lists and all lists.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Detlef Neubauer

--
.oO GnuPG Key auf http://www.keyserver.net/ Oo.