[Mailman-Users] Config help needed

Ryan Hammond espera at aac.ath.cx
Mon Jul 8 11:53:04 CEST 2002

Alright, I'm trying to run Mailman with Exim, but i've run into a coupla small problems.
Firstly, its not working. --;;. Exim is running fine, for the most part. I can send and recieve email, and when I try to subscribe to a list on the web page, I get the verification email. However, any attempts to reply to the email fail. I've tried this on both the local machine and remote, using both my full domain and 'localhost' on the local, and none would work. I went through the README.EXIM file that came with mailman, and I followed its instructions editing the exim config file, but it doesn't seem to have worked. Any time I send an email to a 'not real' address that mailman is Supposed to be able to take care of, it gets bounced first. The exim configuration's notes said that order did matter in one of the parts, and I tried putting the code at beginning and end (not at the same time) and neither setup worked.
Second problem, possibly on a related note. When I DO get the verification emails from Mailman, they're @localhost instead of @aac.ath.cx. An email I send through Exim, without changing the From: tag, puts an @aac.ath.cx. How do I get mailman to?
Thanky to any who help.
Espy-chan
espera at aac.ath.cx