[Mailman-Users] Installation error on FreeBSD and Apache 1.3

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Fri Jul 26 07:34:16 CEST 2002

* Dan Clark <dan at scarfies.net> [20020726 06:13]: wrote:
> Hi all I receive this error when attempting a 'make install' from the BSD
> ports.
> -------------------------
> configure: error:
> ***** No existing group found for the cgi_wrapper program.
> ***** This is the group that your Web server runs CGI scripts under.
> ***** You might want to specify an existing group with the
> ***** --with-cgi-gid configure option.  Please see your Web server's
> ***** documentation, and the INSTALL file for details
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> fmt: max length must be greater than goal length
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/mail/mailman.
> -------------------------
> I would assume this has something to do with Apache's config?
>
> Any ideas would be helpful
> Regards
> Dan

What's the version (`make options` will show that). The latest in the
ports tree is 2.0.12. I edited the Makefile and changed the GID to that
of my MTA (for my own convenience). However, it should be able to create
the user and the group without complaining. Maybe you should cvsup and get
the latest.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  <wash at wananchi.com>    "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

Williams and Holland's Law:
	If enough data is collected, anything may be proven by
statistical methods.