[Mailman-Users] HELP my qrunner log file is HUGE!

Bob Weissman rlw at rlw.best.vwh.net
Fri Jul 26 17:08:38 CEST 2002

At 11:13 PM 7/25/02, Anthony Carmody wrote:
>I have an huge qurunner file in my mailman/logs directory. what can i do to
>clear it and ensure it wont get this bloody huge again?

Mailman doesn't rotate its own logs. You have to do it yourself. There are many ways to do this. I use the following simple script called once a day from cron.

#!/bin/sh
# Rotate the Mailman logs
# Bob Weissman 7/11/02

# keep this many versions of each log
KEEP_VERSIONS=7

LOG_DIR=$HOME/logs
LOGS='bounce error qrunner subscribe digest post smtp vette'

cd $LOG_DIR
umask 002

for LOG in $LOGS
do
    # Only rotate a log if it is non-empty
    if test -s $LOG
    then
        J=`expr $KEEP_VERSIONS - 1`
        while [ $J -gt 0 ]
        do
            I=`expr $J - 1`
            test -s $LOG.$I && mv -f $LOG.$I $LOG.$J
            J=$I
        done
        mv -f $LOG $LOG.0
        > $LOG