[Mailman-Users] MAILHOST and WWWHOST for localhost.localdomain

Kang Jeong-Hee Keizi at mail.co.kr
Sat Jul 27 15:22:27 CEST 2002

Hi.

I'm giving a try to modify mailman reflecting my idea for a feature.
as first step, installing mailman, I've found mailman installation
does strange setting for MAILHOST and WWWHOST.

the INSTALL describe that MAILHOST respect WWWHOST if set.
so I did not set both *HOST. and 'newmail' command send mail
to 'test-admin at localdomain', not locahost. localdomain is unknown for system.

then, I did a heck setting MAILHOST only to 'mail.localhost'
expecting '@localhost' applied to mailman setting.
yeah, it works. but then, another problem: the URL for http
is www.localhost now. if I set WWWHOST to 'localhost',
this time MAILHOST set to 'mail.localhost' is unknown.

I think it should set each MAILHOST and WWWHOST seperate,
not respectively each other. how about you?