[Mailman-Users] "Host name this list prefers"

Danny Terweij danny at terweij.nl
Sun Jun 2 12:35:35 CEST 2002

From: "Jon Carnes" <jonc at nc.rr.com>

> On Saturday 01 June 2002 10:28 pm, Danny Terweij wrote:
> > steven <hostmaster at shults.org> heeft geschreven:

> > > listname-admin at foo.domain.dom  instead of listname-admin at domain.dom ?
> > I have the same question asked at the dev list ( a few days ago).
> >  Danny,

> Alas, Mailman simply users the listname here and chops off any included
> domain name.  If you want the Domain name included in the mailing
properly,
> then you will have to use the "generics" tables for Sendmail - or move
your
> MTA over to something that does virtual domains easier.

I do not know if you read my message at the de list, i am not using virtual
hosts at my site.

I use this at my site :
These are my mm_cfg settings:

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'lnx.p-s.nl'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.p-s.nl'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s:81/mailman/'
DEFAULT_HOST_NAME = DEFAULT_URL_HOST
DEFAULT_URL = DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN % DEFAULT_URL_HOST
VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = 0

Look for the thread : [Mailman-Developers] Wrong domain choosed when
creating a new list (mm2.1b2)

Danny.