[Mailman-Users] Problem: All recipients refused

Víctor Nuño victor.nuno at net70sistemas.com
Tue Jun 4 20:27:11 CEST 2002

Hello everyone,

I've just installed Mailman. I followed the INSTALL file and had no
problem (including permissions). The problem that I find now is that
somehow mailman can't send a single mail through Sendmail.

I can see in the logs the following:

    Jun 04 20:13:00 2002 (22207) All recipients refused: (111,
    'Connection refused')

    Jun 04 20:13:00 2002 (22207) post to test from
    mailman-owner at net70sistemas.com, size=1340, 1 failures
    Jun 04 20:13:00 2002 (22207) post to test from
    test-admin at net70sistemas.com, size=349, 1 failures

When I try to send a messege to the newly created test list, I receive a
message to postmaster that says the following:

Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 47.  (Reconfigure to take 47?)
554 5.3.0 "|/usr/local/mailman-2.0.11/mail/wrapper post test"... unknown mailer error 2

I have considered the fact that I could have not configured well Mailman
at the beginning, but I found that gid 47 goes for mailnull group!
Anyway, my mailer (Sendmail) uses the typical "mail" user and group
being gid 12.

So I guess that somehow I may have missed something to make mailman send
mail through my mailer. Can anyone help, please?

Thanks in advance,

Víctor Nuño

--

/Víctor Nuño Nuño/