[Mailman-Users] Global footers and other issues...

Eric Sandquist esandquist at ihms.net
Wed Jun 12 18:09:55 CEST 2002

Has anyone had any experience with global footer?  I need to be able to
place html code or php code as a global footer to all the lists on the
server and/or a method to place footers based on the list, but in addition
to what the list adminsitrator has control over.  This is so that a
virtual-domain owner or a subscribed list-owner cannot disable certain code
that would be placed on their lists - banner ads, site promotion and such...
Of course, I need to be able to remove it on list-by-list basis so that a
list-owner or domain holder can pay or make other arrangements to have the
code removed for their lists.  Also, some lists may need to have special
code in place for specific issues...

Has anyone done this?

Also, has anyone intergrated Mailman into phpNuke or MyphpNuke?

Also, does the current release-beta (2.1b2) have capabilitiies to update
both the aliases file and the domainaliases file?  And if so, what about
automaiting a call to newliases and makemap so that they are properly
updated for automatic list generation in a virtual-domain environment.

Currently, I am upgrading my servers OS to RH7.2 from RH5.2... then, if I
still need to, I will upgrade Perl to the latest release, since my current
Perl is too old for the latest beta-release.... the stable release works
fine...

I have the email lists working under virtual domains, setting all the
aliases manually in both files... but I am having trouble getting the
web-interface to work under the virtual domains... the root domain on the
server seems to reference the alias and scriptalias fine, but the other
domains don't... I'm not sure why... Any ideas????

The answers to these questions and others are greatly appreciated...

Eric Sandquist
Systems Engineer - IHMS.net