[Mailman-Users] New to Mailman - Help!

Doug Bishop dbishop at pobox.com
Sat Jun 15 19:04:14 CEST 2002

My hosting service just cut us over to new servers and software (with NO
prior notice I might add). In doing so all email accounts and mailing lists
were deleted. I've opened several tickets to them requesting tht they
restore my old messages and subscriber lists and send them to me and they've
ignored those requests.

One of my maillists was an announce-only list. You could subscribe, but not
post messages. Only the list administrator could post messages. I've not
been able to detemine how to set that up automatically in Mailman, and this
is another request that my hosting company has ignored (anyone know of any
good hosting companies that treat their customers like human beings?). Can
someone tell me how I would set up an announce/newsletter type maillist with
Mailman?

Thanks,

Doug Bishop