[Mailman-Users] How to?

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Wed Jun 19 18:16:40 CEST 2002

At 09:50 19/06/2002 -0400, bj3 at britcoms.com wrote:
>I am sure this has been asked many times but as a new user I am
>clueless on how to go about this.
>
>Is there a way to modify the list so that I, as the admin. can be the
>only one to post? I have just set up the list and it has about 1250

You can use the options under the 'General posting filters' heading on the
Privacy Options page of the web admin GUI for a list control who posts to
the list. You'll then get to moderate all postings through the admin web GUI.

>members. It seems that they all get an e-mail when someone
>subscribes. I have adjusted it so that all posts have to be approved

There appears to be something else wrong with your list server or MTA setup
if subscription responses are being distributed to the list membership.

How are people subscribing? Thru the web interface or via the
<listname>-request mail alias?

In either case, if you are using confirmation for subscriptions, the
Reply-To header of the response requesting confirmation should again be
<listname>-request.

What do the headers on these subscription related emails that are being
posted to the list look like?