[Mailman-Users] mailaddresses with bad characters

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Mon Jun 24 21:29:11 CEST 2002

hi list

running my mailman-list, i have come into following problem:
some user prefer extra-cool (aka stupid ??) email-addresses like
cool^man at coolplanet.com

i cannot subscribe these addresses (as administrator, i do not know,
whether they can subscribe themselves -- but i am porting my lists to
mailman so this is my task)

are there any possibilities to do so ??
or do i have to teach my users to avoid such names ?

mfg.d.sar
IOhannes

ps: i've sent this message with another email-address before, it is
waiting for approval, so you might get this message twice (sorry)