[Mailman-Users] missing cgi-bin scripts after install

saul saul at twenteenthcentury.com
Sun Jun 23 23:33:20 CEST 2002

Hello,

I've just been trying to install mailman on a redhat linux (2.4.19-pre7)
virtual server.

Everything seems to go ok, but I get the following error on make install:

-----------

[mailman at twenteenth mailman]$ bin/check_perms
Traceback (innermost last):
File "bin/check_perms", line 281, in ?
checkmail()
File "bin/check_perms", line 202, in checkmail
mode = statmode(wrapper)
File "bin/check_perms", line 74, in statmode
return os.stat(path)[ST_MODE]
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/mailman/mail/wrapper'

------------

I then make a directory at /home/mailman/mail/wrapper and chmod it as
described in the install instructions . After doing this, running
/bin/check_perms -f returns "no problems found".

Then, when I check my cgi-bin, it's empty, so of course, nothing works.

I've tried make clean / make install again using two different versions
(2.0.11 and 2.0.8) and neither makes any difference, I get the same error on
the first attempt, and still nothing in my cgi-bin.

I found a thread about this on this list archive

( http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/1999-February/000411.html )

but the suggested solution is adding a line to mailman-2.0.8/src/common.h ...
I checked common.h in version 2.0.11 and 2.0.8 and found the line already
there.. so no joy there.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Saul.