[Mailman-Users] Installation on Mac OSX and conftest.py

Michael Johnson michael at emjay.net
Wed Mar 6 18:59:36 CET 2002

On Wednesday, March 6, 2002, at 10:52 AM, Michael Johnson wrote:

> checking for mailman UID... ./configure: permission denied: conftest.py
> [1152]
> /usr/local/bin/python: can't open file 'conftest.py'
> cat: conftest.out: No such file or directory

I think I've been barking up the wrong tree.  Looking more closely at
the error, I see the above text.  I've been trying to figure out why
Python and mailman can't find the user "mailman" when that's possibly
not the real problem.  It would appear the problem lies in the file
'conftest.py'.

Where is conftest.py located and what should the permissions be?
02755?  mailman:mailman?

-Michael