[Mailman-Users] Trouble Creating List Owners

Nick Cockinos nick at redhot.com.au
Wed Mar 13 10:39:20 CET 2002

Hi,
Thnaks to those who helped eralier. Your suggestions helped get the list owner
aliases into the /etc/aliases file.

I'm still having trouble understanding this though. When I create a list
(./newlist -o /etc/aliases new_list) aliases ar created as follows:

new_list "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post new_list"
new_list-admin "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner new_list"
new_list-request "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd new_list"
new_list-owner new_list-admin

Should the user new_list-admin be created locally or can it be any valid email
address? I have added new_list-admin which accepts mail ok, but what about
new_list-request and new_list?
Should these be added manually?
Should they be created when the list is created?
Is there something I have to reconfigure woth wrapper to get this working?

My system is Debian 4.5 and Postfix version unknown

Thanks in advance for your help and patience

Nick Cockinos