[Mailman-Users] Installation / Web Interface Error

Jeffrey M. Johnson jjohnson at umn.edu
Wed Mar 13 23:13:05 CET 2002

I have run Mailman for a couple of years on a old Solaris on Intel box and
have recently purchased a new Sun Netra X1 to run my mail programs.

Currently I am running Solaris 2.8, Mailman 2.0.8, Python 2.1, openssl
0.9.6c

During the 'make install' one of the last lines is
/usr/bin/env: No such file or Directory
However there is no amplification of this error else where.

When I attempt to access Mailman via the web interface I get teh "Bug in
Mailman..."

The error log contains the following error (hand typed here)
admin(9415): ImportError: ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/python: fatal: relocation
error: file /usr/local/lib/python2.1/lib-dynload/_socket.so: symbol
SSL_set_fd referenced symbol not found

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Jeff