[Mailman-Users] Commands via email...

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Mar 13 23:15:43 CET 2002

    Frederick> Is it possible to send in approval commands via email (I used
    Frederick> to do it with Majordomo and Yahoogroups, but they are both
    Frederick> difficult in other ways) instead of having to log on via the
    Frederick> Net?

Yup...  Try sending a message to the list's -request address with a message
body of just 'help' (no quotes).  You should get back a message like

    ***** help
    Help for ... mailing list:

    This is email command help for version 2.0.8 of the "Mailman" list
    manager.  The following describes commands you can send to get
    information about and control your subscription to Mailman lists at
    this site.  A command can be in the subject line or in the body of the
    message.

    Note that much of the following can also be accomplished via the World
    Wide Web, at:

        http://...

    In particular, you can use the Web site to have your password sent to
    your delivery address.

    The following commands are valid:

        subscribe [password] [digest-option] [address=<address>]

        unsubscribe <password> [address]

Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)
"... if I were on life-support, I'd rather have it run by a Gameboy than a
Windows box." - Cliff Wells