[Mailman-Users] Re: Integrating Mailman lists with SQL database via command line/scripts

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Thu Mar 14 22:21:52 CET 2002

Then you are really going to like the next version (mm v2.1).  You can set
mm v2.1 to use your own database instead of the default one that Mailman
currently uses.

Currently, I pump user info out of Mailman by using the command line
scripts:
  config_list (list config items)
  dumpdb (complete database dump, all specs and members and their
information)
  list_lists (list of all the mailing lists running on the site)
  list_members (list of the email addresses in a mailing list)
  remove_members (delete an email from a mailing list)

And I pump info back into Mailman by using the command line scripts:
  add_members (add an email address to the list)
  clone_member (add an email address to the list with specific user
settings)
  config_list (upload configuration changes to the list)
  sync_members (one of my favorites - syncs a mailing list with a text file
of email addresses)

I use scripts to dump and mingle data from my SQL databases with the
Mailingman lists.  Works fine, and now that I've started playing with Python
and accessing the SQL databases directly from within Python, things are
really getting fun!

Jon Carnes