[Mailman-Users] BUG? move_list doesn't correctly update config.db

Anna Fong anna at water.ca.gov
Fri Mar 15 18:13:06 CET 2002

Recently tried migrating lists from Mailman 1.1 on one server to Mailman
2.0.8 on different server.

Noticed that move_list was not correctly updating path in config.db for
archives which causes the list not to post mail. (Mailman 2.0.8 on
different server)

When doing `strings config.db` on old config.db for
private_archive_file_dirs, I get
"/usr/local/etc/mailman/archives/private/migration_test.mboxs" as expected.

But after doing a move_list on new server, for private_archive_file_dirs I
get "/export2/home/mailman/lists/migration_test.mboxs" which is going down
"lists" directory not "archives" directory.  Not correct!

After doing a rmlist on the new server and then newlist, for
private_archive_file_dirs I get
"/export2/home/mailman/archives/private/migration_test.mboxs" which is
correct.  But this means I have to blow away my existing configuration
parameters and start from scratch.  Not what I want!

Is this a known bug?  If so, is there a patch?

TIA,
Anna

Anna Q. Fong, Webmaster
California Data Exchange Center