[Mailman-Users] Requesting repost of sendmail advice (Mailman related)

Mitchell Marks mitchell at walrus.uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 19 15:21:43 CET 2002

(I apologize for asking here what is mostly a sendmail question ... but it
has come up on this list as part of advice about Mailman throughput.)

Would someone please repeat the suggestion that has been posted here not
too long ago about setting sendmail to be a little more lenient about
allowing addresses where the domain does not resolve under DNS, but without
creating an open relay.

(As i'm still rather tentative about mucking with sendmail, I'd appreciate
being told explicitly whether this is something to put in the sendmail.mc,
or directly in the sendmail.cf, or in one of the external files.  (I do
know how to build the cf from the mc.)   This is in Sendmail 8.9.1a.)

Thanks,

Mitch Marks

--
Mitchell Marks