[Mailman-Users] Load generated by Mailman posts...

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Mar 20 07:36:41 CET 2002

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 23:49:32 +0530 (IST)
Frederick Noronha <fred at bytesforall.org> wrote:

> For instance, if I send a 10K message to a 100-subscriber list, what
> is the total load on the server? 1000K or less?

Its not very predictable.  It depends on the number of members on your
list, the number of RCPT TO's you configure for each message (<=100),
how well your MTA handles bundling of deliveries to target MXes, number
of bounces received in response to a mailing, etc.

--
J C Lawrence