[Mailman-Users] stripmime.pl doesn't?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Mar 22 16:16:11 CET 2002

I'm running Mailman 2.0.8.  I just installed Alex Wetmore's stripmime.pl
script today (including chmod +x), modified /etc/mail/aliases (I run
sendmail) like so:

    thelist: "|/usr/local/bin/stripmime.pl|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post thelist"

reran newaliases and added the necessary symlink to /etc/smrsh.  I then sent
five test messages to the list using XEmacs+VM 6.96.  Test #1 was plain
text.  Tests 2, 3, and 4 had a plain text section and a single small html
attachment.  Test 5 had a plain text section and three html attachments.

Viewing a generated plain text digest I can't see that stripmime.pl did
anything.  None of the five messages was lost, but none appear to have been
altered in any way.  Am I perhaps missing something?  I thought it's main
thing was to zap HTML attachments.

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)