[Mailman-Users] CGI alternative?

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Mon Mar 25 23:39:31 CET 2002

Apache has some nice tools for limiting the number of connections on a
specific resource.  I believe that you can throttle on both requested
resource and on destination IP.  You probably want to cap the amount of
connections from any single ip address to something like 20.

There are also some nice firewall scripts that do the same thing, but more
drastically.  Once the number of connections from a single IP reaches a
defined number, the offending ip is denied access for 5 minutes (or whatever
time period you want).

Good Luck.  Let us know what you come up with.