[Mailman-Users] configuring for Postfix

Gary Wang quartertone at mac.com
Sat Mar 30 13:15:54 CET 2002

I'm trying to get v2.1b1 to work.. I actually had it working, but for
some reason (I don't remember why) I decided to re-install. Now I can't
even get one message to go through to the mailman wrappers. I'm trying
to configure for Postfix and Mailman to work together. Like I mentioned,
this setup was working earlier. Here is what I'm doing.
Lines with ";;" are comments, so as not to confuse with "#"=root prompt.

$ su root

# mkdir /home/mailman
# chown mailman.mailman /home/mailman
# chmod 02775 /home/mailman

# su mailman

% cd /usr/local/src/mailman2.1b1
% ./configure --prefix=/home/mailman --with-mail-gid=mailman
--with-cgi-gid=nobody
% make install

% cd ~
% bin/check_perms -f
% vi Mailman/mm_cfg.py
;; add this to file
	MTA = 'Postfix'

% less Mailman/Defaults.py
;; check path for POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD and POSTFIX_MAP_CMD

% bin/genaliases
% chown mailman.mailman data/aliases*	  ;;(not really necessary.. but
what the heck)
% exit

# vi /etc/postfix/main.cf
;; edit so that:
	alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/home/mailman/data/aliases

# newaliases
# postfix reload

# su mailman
% cd ~