[Mailman-Users] Mailman FAQ Wizard

Barry A. Warsaw barry at zope.com
Thu May 2 06:14:13 CEST 2002

    MN> I noticed that most of the answers in the Mailman FAQ wizard
    MN> [1] assume that you have site admin access. Many of us are
    MN> only list managers.  Solutions to problems that work for site
    MN> admins may not work for list managers.

The section on "List Administrators" is definitely intended to address
questions or problems for those who administer lists without shell
access.  The fact that so many issues do require shell access is, IMO,
due to a deficiency in Mailman, something I hope that MM2.1 will go a
long way towards improving.

    MN> Is there a preferred way to modify the FAQ Wizard for answers
    MN> to list manager questions? Specifically for list managers
    MN> without site admin access.

    MN> [1] http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py

Also note that the FAQ wizard is specifically intended to be community
supported.  It is maintained through an honor system, and the password
is "Mailman".  Feel free to make updates!

-Barry