[Mailman-Users] Mailman is Responding Now, But...

Victor Daniel the MacNut macnut at macnuthome.com
Thu May 2 16:56:45 CEST 2002

Okay, I figured out that the reason Mailman was not delivering subscription confirmation messages was because I had set up relaying incorrectly in Exim (no relaying for localhost...oops).

Now I have another problem. When I reply to those confirmation messages, the message bounces. This is the specific error I get:

recipients. The following address(es) failed:

test-request at macnuthome.com:
    Child process of list_request_transport transport returned 2 from command:
    /home/mailman/liststuff/mail/wrapper

Is this saying I need to create the aliases for the list addresses? I thought, according to the directions for both Exim and Mailman, I didn't have to create alias addresses for each list. Once again, thanks is advance for any suggestions.

The MacNut