[Mailman-Users] alternate port?

chrisw at signalbhn.org chrisw at signalbhn.org
Sun May 5 22:28:14 CEST 2002

I'm trying to use mailman on an alternate port. My company uses NAT, and we
host our own webserver on IIS. I have to run mailman, then, on port 81
(it's on our linux box, not the windows box).

Being not familiar enough (yet) with IIS, I don't know how to go a redirect
for directories, so that /pipermail and /mailman could redirect to port 81.
I adjusted DEFAULT_URL_HOST to include the trailing :81. I also have tried
adjusting separately, not in conjunction with the previous change,
adjusting DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN.

This fixes most things, but I've noticed that it doesn't adjust the submit
button on administrative tasks. I'm using Mailman 2.1b1 downloaded from
list.org just last week. Is this a bug, or am I not changing the right
configuration directive? Even better would be if I could change IIS to just
forward those with a nice redirect, but I'll find a book on IIS here soon...

Thanks for any help!

Chris Wiegand
Signal BHN