[Mailman-Users] Archive date question

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vt.edu
Tue May 7 22:02:47 CEST 2002

At 01:57 PM 5/7/02 -0600, Mike Avery wrote:
>I was quite surprised to see that his messages wound up
>in the archives for May 2004.  Shouldn't the date a
>message was received take precedence over the date
>the message was allegedly sent?

Only if you turn on the archive "clobber dates" option.  It's probably
set to trust dates.

2.1 has some more flexibility to allow you a middle of the road "trust
dates, unless they're obviously set by an insane lunatic."

The Digests should fine, since they just accumulate messages until
the time since last digest or digest too big triggers go off.  Now
if *your* machine was briefly in 2004, then you set it back, you might
be in trouble, cause your digest probably wouldn't trip until the size got too
big.