[Mailman-Users] subscription confirmations going to list owner - why?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed May 8 16:21:16 CEST 2002

I set up several nearly identical lists recently.  For some reason
subscription confirmation replies for one of the lists are going to the list
owner (me), instead of being processed.  The replies get sent to the
-request address, but it doesn't do anything with them, instead forwarding
them to me.  The /etc/mail/aliases entries for the list are:

    ## ebay-tr-spit-gt6 mailing list
    ebay-tr-spit-gt6:        "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post ebay-tr-spit-gt6"
    ebay-tr-spit-gt6-admin:  "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner ebay-tr-spit-gt6"
    ebay-tr-spit-gt6-request: "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd ebay-tr-spit-gt6"ebay-tr-spit-gt6-owner:  ebay-tr-spit-gt6-admin

I compared the general options with one of the related lists that are
working fine and saw no differences that would suggest this particular
misbehavior.  I'm running 2.0.9.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)