[Mailman-Users] Re: "conformant"

Tom Neff tneff at bigfoot.com
Sun May 12 20:22:19 CEST 2002

J C Lawrence <claw at kanga.nu> wrote:
> You are misunderstanding RFC 2369.  "Optional" means that systems need
> not implement the headers to be conformant.  It does not mean that that
> choice needs to be exposed to users.

It also does not require that the choice be concealed.  That is an
implementor's decision, and MM up til now has been making an unfortunate
(but patchable) choice.  I'm happy to hear from Barry that 2.1gold will
give site administrators control over aspect of their list's operation (and
in so doing still be "2369 conformant").