[Mailman-Users] Help

AerosmithFanClub.com List Admin listadmin at aerosmithfanclub.com
Tue May 14 04:39:22 CEST 2002

	Herein lies the rub with the mailman program.  The programmers ASS-U-ME
that everyone using the software as full access to the server on which it
is run.  Many users have this in a shared server environment and these
"wonderful" patches to make up for short comings in the software are not an
alternative.  The software basically is not too bad.  The fact there is
very little that a list owner can set up to his liking without hacking a
lot of places is troubling.  All of this type of things should not even be
an issue.  There should be options in the admin interface to handle all of
this.  Majordomo is SO simple and straight forward.  All you do is set a
single config file and bang you are on the way.  With this you have to hack
here to fix this and there to fix that so that eventually you have no clue
what all has ben done!
	The 'fix' you offer me for this question is not a fix at all.  It is
merely a cover up.  The messages are still queued up and stored.  All that
happens is that a cron job nukes them.  Heck bounced messages should NOT
default to being stored anyway.  You should have to enable it if you want
it.  The whole purpose of closing a list is to not get crap mail that you
dont want.  If I wanted to have to approve mail i would have set it up to
be moderated.