[Mailman-Users] Help

AerosmithFanClub.com List Admin listadmin at aerosmithfanclub.com
Tue May 14 05:10:24 CEST 2002

	Well bully for you.  Its just fine that you like it.  I like it as well
just wish that it was not such a pain in the butt to do anything other than
the EXACT way the programmers dictate that they be done.  The fact is that
the software is nit flexible at all.  If you know anything about
programming other than being able to spout technobabble you will know what
I mean by that and that I am 100% accurate in saying it.
	Keep in mind that pure numbers has no relation what so ever with quality
or anything else.  If such a relationship did exist then AOL would be the
best software ever to hit the net and cockroaches would be the most
intelligent species on the face of the Earth.
	Mailman is not even close to as flexible and easy to use as
Majordomo.  You don't have to worry about all these FORCED "options" that
Mailman has.  You don't have to keep track of all kinds of web pages that
are not even needed to run a mailing list.  You don't have to hack your
system every time you want to set up a list option.  All you need to do is
set a single config file and run your list spam free for years.
	Of course if you are a anal retentive power junkie who has to feel like
you control aspect of a simple mailing list (as if was ever making any
difference to the operations thereof) you can add all these absurd FORCED
passwords, headers, queues of unrequested mail, etc.  You don't have to put
up with any of that sort of junk with majordomo.  (BTW the hack you
suggested in the FAQ is asinine.  It also deletes all subscription requests
from making it to the admin.  Your suggestions is akin to suggesting that
one burn down their house because a light bulb is burnt out.
	If the programmers are so thin skinned that they cannot handle someone
pointing out shortcoming in heir code then they need to find other
work.  It comes with the territory.  When you release code you will get
feedback that with at least some frequency does not gloss over everything
and pretend that the said code is absolutely perfect.

:)
Enjoy!