[Mailman-Users] Help

AerosmithFanClub.com List Admin listadmin at aerosmithfanclub.com
Tue May 14 05:35:56 CEST 2002

	With Majordomo there IS nothing to maintain!  That was the point I was
trying to make.  I do understand that it is a case of different strokes for
different folks.  I have no problem with that what-so-ever.  MM is not at
all designed for use as a news list.  It may well work OK for a discussion
list but as far as news list goes it is horrid.  I am stuck with all these
irrelevant headers that tell folks how to post, etc when in all reality
they CANT post.  So now people start sending to the list because the list
tells them to and I start getting tons of bounced mail.  Now I cant turn
off the mail bouncing thing, I am FORCED to go manually delete each
mail.  Oh yeah I can hack the code to make it so that the bounces go away
but then people cant subscribe.  What good is a list where people cant
subscribe.  So it is a vicious circle.  I do things the way the programmers
want them to be done and thats all there is to it.  It is very frustrating
to see software that is so close to being excellent but because of a few
minor issues is almost unusable.  I am sure you follow what I am saying here.