[Mailman-Users] LISTS command

AerosmithFanClub.com List Admin listadmin at aerosmithfanclub.com
Thu May 16 09:13:11 CEST 2002

Two Issues with the LISTS command:

1) I am running in a shared environment.  When I send LISTS to the
listname-request address I get a listing of all lists on the server and NOT
just the one(s) for that domain.  My domain should not be allowed to
advertise other webmasters' lets.  In fact I DON'T WANT TO advertise other
lists from my domain.  Can this be patched somehow?

2) Why is it that I have to send a request to listname-request to get a
listing of the mailing lists at a domain.  What if I don't know the name of
ANY lists at the domain?  Shouldn't I (if i can I have not figured out how
to do it) be able to send something to a master mailman address and get the
lists?  Seems pretty logical to me.  I am old and slow so maybe I missed
this one.

Thanks!