[Mailman-Users] cron, was: Mailman does everything except send mail

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Thu May 16 13:23:39 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 20:37, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> >
> > Question on that: can mailman be configured to run without cron? I have
> > on my home system a very low traffic list, and it's a bit a cpu waste to
> > run a cron job when I have only 2 or 3 messages every few days.
[...]

> cron is no significant load on modern machines, and it has a small
> memory footprint. the one percent memory usage you see here is of a
> total of 48 megs of ram - the system is very low-spec.

Yes, quite low-spec...

The machine in question is a 486/25MHz and 36MB RAM - qrunner runs 10s
or more, so running it every minute would be a load I'd rather avoid.
I'm running it every few minutes now, but I thought *if* mailman had a
mechanism to trigger it only after incoming mail I'd use it.

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                 avbidder at fortytwo.ch: key id