[Mailman-Users] Umbrella lists

Sarah Walters sarah at uow.edu.au
Thu May 16 08:50:56 CEST 2002

As far as I can tell, Mailman does not have proper support for umbrella lists.
We have a need for lists that are aggregations of other lists.
EG: all_general_staff might look like:

:include:/packages/majordomo/lists/dept1_staff
:include:/packages/majordomo/lists/dept2_staff
:include:/packages/majordomo/lists/dept3_staff
:include:/packages/majordomo/lists/dept4_staff
person at uow.edu.au
aperson at uow.edu.au
theperson at uow.edu.au
notaperson at uow.edu.au
</majordomo>

A staff member might be a member of both dept1_staff and dept2_staff. How do
we prevent them from receiving two emails, while having [all_general_staff]
prepended to the subject line? If this has not been done, can you add it to
the wishlist, and we could possibly pitch in as there are several python
programmers here.

Mrs Sarah Walters					sarah at uow.edu.au
Information Technology Services				Bld 17 Level 2
The University of Wollongong				Ph: +61 2 4221 3775