[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1b2 installed and working (almost).

Jon Parise jon at csh.rit.edu
Fri May 24 17:06:06 CEST 2002

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 11:29:18PM -0700, Rob Brandt wrote:

> I've gotten Mailman 2.1b2 installed on my new linux server.  It's using
> Postfix as an MTA.  I can create lists, but an error is generated.  The
> list does exists, and I can edit it and everything.  But it seems that
> there's a problem with creating aliases for it.  See the error page pasted
> in below.
>
> I suspect that it's a permissions problem, but at this late time of night,
> I can no longer see the forest for the trees.  Initially I did get in the
> infamous 'wanted uid 99, got 48' error.  Miraculously, I remember getting
> that when I installed v2.05 last summer, and the solution to run apache as
> uid/gid nobody.  Here's the error page:

[snip]

> RuntimeError: command failed: /usr/sbin/postalias
> /usr/local/mailman/data/aliases (status: 1, Operation not permitted)

Is /usr/sbin/postalias the correct path to postalias?  How are the
permissions set for /usr/local/mailman/data/aliases?

I have virtually the same setup working fine here, so it's probably
just a permissions mismatch, as you say.

--
Jon Parise (jon at csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)