[Mailman-Users] Filtering spam with Spamassassin / Procmail and Mailman...

Marc MERLIN marc_news at vasoftware.com
Sat May 25 21:59:24 CEST 2002

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 11:53:52PM -0400, Phydeaux wrote:
> This works fine and so far zero spam has made it onto my mailing
> lists. Unfortunately, however, I am now trapping up to 15 messages
> per day per list. I have to manually remove each piece of detritus
> via the administrative interface.

2 options

If you use exim, you can run my SA in exim at SMTP time code:
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html
This will let you reject or save mail before it even hits mailman

There is also a patch for mailman which lets mailman run SA and discard or
hold messages flagged as spam, look in the patch manager on sf.net or in
this list's archives

Marc