[Mailman-Users] Protecting user data

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 3 23:36:40 CEST 2002

There are couple of things you can do.

 - Edit the source of the arching program so that it drops the header
info from messages before archiving them (I did this last year for a
list and it's worked great).

 - Run a script that edits the Mbox file for the list directly and then
re-archive after you run the script.

Note, that folks have the option under the default install to download
the mbox file for the list. If you simply edit the archives, then
someone can still grab all the headers, etc, from the mbox.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes
======