[Mailman-Users] Question about disabling due to bouncing notification...

mailman at tux.org mailman at tux.org
Wed Oct 9 17:11:47 CEST 2002

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Matt Goebel wrote:

>   Running Mailman 2.0.13 on Tru64 4.0G with sendmail 8.11.6 and
> have  hopefully a simple question.
>
>   I've had a couple of list owners complain that when their users
> (mostly on yahoo.com or hotmail.com) are disable because of
> bouncing, they - the list owners - are not notified by email.  Does
> this feature work consistently?

What is the setting for "Action when critical or excessive bounces
are detected" for those lists?  When you ask "Does this feature work
consistently?" are you saying that it is set to "Disable and notify
me" and that sometimes the notice does not go out?  If it is set to
"Disable and DON'T notify me" -for those lists- then you have your
answer.  If it -is- set to send the notices, is it possible that the
notices go out but do not make it very far?  i.e., can your Mailman
and/or MTA logs shed any light on whether or not the notices actually
are sent but perhaps are not able to be delivered?

- Andrew