[Mailman-Users] Postfix/mailman/aix/newlist probs

Stuart subscribe at mcknight.uk.net
Wed Oct 9 19:16:50 CEST 2002

OK, this is annoying me now.....many years ago in a distant galaxy I
installed Mailman 2 with Postfix and set up two mailing lists, which ran
quite happily.

Today I add another mailing list, using the newlist command and take the
alias lines and add them to the rest. Run postalias as before and reload
postfix. Test the new mailing list alias and they bounce:

<quixotesolutions-request at mcknight.uk.net>: Command died with status 2:
    "/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd quixotesolutions". Command
output:
    Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 54, GOT gid -2.  (Reconfigure to take
    -2?)

Thinking it's a total bosh, I try the existing mailing lists and they work
fine.....

The web admin interface for ALL three mailing lists works fine.....

Here's the alias entries first and last:

## bobtalk mailing list
## created: 08-Apr-2002 root
bobtalk:                 "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper post bobtalk"
bobtalk-admin:           "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner
bobtalk"
bobtalk-request:         "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd bobtalk"
bobtalk-owner:           bobtalk-admin

<snip>

## quixotesolutions mailing list
## created: 09-Oct-2002 root
quixotesolutions:        "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper post
quixotesolutions"
quixotesolutions-admin:  "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner
quixotesolutions"
quixotesolutions-request: "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd
quixotesolutions"
quixotesolutions-owner:  quixotesolutions-admin

Running the Mailman check_perms command says everything okay...

Ho hum....anybody been as dumb as me lately and done the same thing..?!

Regards to all

Stuart