[Mailman-Users] mailman 2.1b3 changing existing domain (fwd)

Raquel Rice raquel at thericehouse.net
Sat Oct 12 01:59:55 CEST 2002

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 19:21:47 -0400 (EDT)
Fuzzy <fuzzy at pooh.ASARian.org> wrote:

> [repost]
> application     version
> -----------     -------
> mailman		2.1b3
> python 		2.2.1
> apache 		1.3.23
> sendmail	8.11.6
> I have some lists that migated to a virtual domain,
> (both Apache and Sendmail, virtual name based domains).
> I changed the "host name this list prefers email" to
> the virtual domain, and modified the virtusers table
> to route incoming mail to the the mailman aliases.
> Mailman now uses the correct virtual domain in email,
> and for mailto: URLs, but still uses the original
> domain in http:// URLs (the RFC2369 headers and the
> footer that MM adds to the post).
> How do I convince MM to use to use the correct
> virtual domains?
> I can get to both the admin and the listinfo
> pages using either domain (the "real" or the
> "virtual"). While I was logged in to the
> listinfo pages, I asked MM to tell me what
> mailing lists I was in, (it listed the ones
> in the virtual domain only). MM seems to
> know what address  is on which list at what
> domain. I guess I missed a setting someplace?

You need to take care of this in mm_cfg, using "add_virtualhost()".
The syntax can be found in Defaults.py.  Once your virtual hosts are
added there, it will work properly.

First keep the peace within yourself, then you can also bring peace
to others.
  --Thomas A Kempis