[Mailman-Users] problem with list member's vacation script

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Oct 12 17:41:39 CEST 2002

This is an age-old problem. Some folks use this as an argument to make
the default reply be the sender and not the list. That is one solution,
but not one I like...

Really the best solution is to teach folks the proper way to setup a
vacation message.  Vacation messages should *only* respond to emails
where either the TO: or CC: of the message has the users email address
in it.

If folks violate this, then drop them off the list (or set them to
"notmetoo")

Good Luck - Jon Carnes