[Mailman-Users] Problems creating a new list

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Oct 13 06:16:30 CEST 2002

On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 18:00, Charles E Campbell wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?  So I need to be su'd as
> mailman?  I don't have the mailman password so I have been working as root.
>
> Thanks Chuck Campbell

Well, if you can login as root, then you can: su mailman
If you are logged in as root, it won't ask you for a password.

Try su-ing as the Mailman user and running the command:
  ~mailman/bin/newlist

You can also reset the password for Mailman by logging in as root and
typing:  passwd mailman

Good Luck - Jon Carnes