[Mailman-Users] Not talking to Qmail?

Christopher Calzonetti ccalzone at quarry.com
Thu Oct 24 19:59:08 CEST 2002

I've set up a Mailman list server on a linux box running Qmail as it's
mail server.  In building mailman, I set the cgi group id to the same
as what our webserver runs as, and the mail group id as the one used by
the qmail user "mailuser", which initially seemed to work just fine.

Now, however, after a few weeks of non-usage, I picked up the project
again, to find that Mailman no longer seems to be talking to Qmail.
There are no entries in /var/log/maillog acknowledging any
communication with Mailman, and Mailman logs every attempted message
send in ~mailman/logs/bounce although nothing shows up in the error log.

Is there a good way to find out at what point (and why) the mail
sending is failing?