[Mailman-Users] mailman 2.1b3 qrunner performance (backlog)

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat Oct 26 00:43:11 CEST 2002

    ADC> So, if I understand this correctly, if ArchRunner is the
    ADC> first named qrunner (the default), it will have to complete
    ADC> its run before an other qrunner will be able to process their
    ADC> queues.  Is this correct?

Not exactly.  You're forgetting that mailmanctl is the usual way to
start all the qrunners going, and it forks a separate process for each
queue.  It actually invokes bin/qrunner with a separate -r option each
time.  So in normal operation, they do all run in parallel.

    ADC> It seems a little backwards, since I'd guess that archives
    ADC> are usually the lowest priority queue.  Can this ordering be
    ADC> changed by altering the QRUNNERS = [] array?  So, the
    ADC> qrunners _aren't_ really executing in parallel?

Since they are running parallel, it doesn't make sense to change the
order, but what you /can/ do is change the SLEEPTIME for ArchRunner so
that it doesn't try to run once per minute.  Currently you need to add
something like

    SLEEPTIME = mm_cfg.minutes(5)

just under the "class ArchRunner" in ArchRunner.py to change this
though.

-Barry