[Mailman-Users] Carriage Return in Archives

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Oct 29 02:05:03 CET 2002

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 17:08, ellen lenihan wrote:

> I posted this question to the list before but did not see a response so I
> thought I'd try again.
> Anyway - I'm new to managing a list and we've notice that for our archives
> there is no carriage return. So text just runs very far to the right making
> it very hard to read.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks,
> Ellen

Does this occur with every message in the archive, or just some of
them?  If it's just some of them, it probably indicates that the
original poster used a mail program that didn't send carriage returns in
the first place.  This is a bug or misconfiguration in the original mail
program, and not mailman's fault.  Ask your users to set the line length
at 72 characters.

If this affects all posts, including those with proper carriage returns
in the original message, I'm not sure what to say.

--Jeremy